As part of the celebrations for the "Day of Pisco Sour", the Embassy of Peru in Thailand promoted that various bars in Bangkok organized promotional events featuring the Peruvian national cocktail around Saturday 1st February or later in that month. For these activities,"Pisco Don Benedicto" received from Peru was used, as well as the Tacama and Barsol brands that are distributed in the Thai market.
The participating bars were Glaz Bar from the Athenee Plaza Hotel, Above 11 Bar and FooJohn Building Bar, and later on February Havana Social Bar, Na Café 1899, and next Machu Picchu Restaurant will also hold the Pisco Sour promotional events. In preparation for these events, the Embassy of Peru in Thailand, in alliance with two prestigious academic institutions in Bangkok: Le Cordon Bleu Dusit and Dusit College and 2 expert bartenders from Soho Hospitality Group of Thailand, organized 2 training workshops for 24 students from those institutions, and their respective professors on 28th and 30th January. There were also 6 sale-representatives from Pisco importing companies and 4 bartenders who already prepare pisco sour in various bars of Bangkok.
Bangkok, February 3, 2020
On 28th and 30th January, The Embassy of Peru in Thailand, with the help of the Thai companies "Soho Hospitality Group", "Brand Connect", and "Comte de Sibour", organized two training workshops for bartenders in the prestigious school of cooking "Le Cordon Bleu Dusit" and "Dusit College", both located in Bangkok.
A total of 24 students participated under the instruction of two renowned bartenders of the "Havana Social Bar", which has been offering different pisco cocktails in Bangkok for several years. On both days "Pisco Don Benedicto" (Santa María Vineyards, Ica, Peru) was used, which was specially sent from Peru for this campaign to promote the Peruvian national drink. The participants learned to prepare three pisco-based cocktails: "Chilcano", "Maracuyá Sour" and the most emblematic of Peru´s cocktails, "Pisco Sour". It should be noted that the first Saturday of February of each year has been institutionalized in Peru as "Day of Pisco Sour".
In this framework, on Saturday 1st February, various bars in Bangkok will offer special promotions for those who want to enjoy the famous Peruvian "Pisco Sour".
Bangkok, February 1, 2020
About the virus:
1. It is pretty large in size (cell is about 400-500nm diameter), so any normal mask (not just the N95 feature) should be able to filter it out. However, when someone who's infected sneezes in front of you, it will take a great 3 meters (about 10 feet) before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
2. When the virus drops on metal surface, it will live for at least 12 hours. So remember if you come in contact with any metal surface, wash your hands with soap thoroughly.
3. The virus can remain active on fabric for 6-12 hours. Normal laundry detergent should kill the virus. For winter clothing that does not require daily washing, you can put it out under the sun to kill the virus.
About the symptoms of the pneumonia caused by Coronavirus:
1. It will first infect the throat, so the throat will have the dry sore throat feeling which will last for 3 to 4 days
2. Then the virus will blend into the nasal fluid and drips into the trachea and enter the lungs, causing pneumonia. This process will take 5 to 6 days.
3. With pneumonia, comes high fever and difficulty in breathing. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You will feel like you are drowning in water. It's important to go seek immediate medical attention if you feel like this.
1. The most common way of getting infected is by touching things in public, so you must wash your hands frequently. The virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 mins, but a lot can happen in those 5-10 mins (you can rub your eyes or pick your nose unwittingly).
2. Aside from washing your hands frequently, you can gargle with Betadine Sore Throat Gargle to eliminate or minimize the germs while they are still in your throat (before dripping down to your lungs).
With great enthusiasm, Peruvians residing in Thailand and the Philippines, registered in the corresponding electoral rolls and participated in the "Extraordinary Congressional Elections 2020", held on Sunday 26th January 2020.
On the election’s day the participants showed up at the respective voting venues, despite residing more than 18,000 kilometers away from Peru, they maintain their interest in strengthening democracy in Peru and in the future of their country.
It should be noted that the voting processes in Thailand and the Philippines were in charge of the Peruvian embassy in Bangkok and, in the case of the Philippines, they had the important support and coordination from the Honorary Consul General of Peru in Manila, Dr. Francis Chua.
Bangkok, January 26, 2020
The Ambassador of Peru, Mr. Fernando Quirós and his wife offered a lunch at the Peruvian residence in honor of the New Ambassador of Thailand in Peru, H.E. Mr. Sorayut Chasombat, who was accompanied by his wife and Mr. Witchu Vejjaviva, General Director of the Department of the American and the South Pacific Affairs from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand; Mr. Pirawat Atsavapranee, Deputy Director General of the referred department; Mr. Boonyarit Vichienpuntu, Director of the Latin America Division and other officials of that division, as well as Mr. Wuthikiat Chaicharna, representative of the Thailand International Cooperation Agency (TICA).
The guests were able to talk about important bilateral issues and propose actions that they could take in a coordinated way to strengthen bilateral ties in 2020. They tasted emblematic dishes of Peru, such as Ceviche, Lomo Saltado, Pisco and Peruvian wines.
Bangkok, January 22, 2020